Providing an engaging learning environment for a new generation.
Practicing our faith and sharing it with others.
Celebrating creativity, problem solving, and collaboration.
Discovering life-long connections and lasting friendships.
Committed to encouraging passionate engagement and providing challenging programs, exemplary instruction, and meaningful guidance.
A message from our Principal
Welcome to St. John the Baptist Catholic School! SJB students are confident, creative and connected in faith. Our warm, caring atmosphere combines with a rigorous curriculum to inspire a dynamic community dedicated to the development of each individual child.
The academic program at St. John the Baptist Catholic School provides a rich, comprehensive learning experience. In addition to the core curriculum, students participate in Spanish, Music, Physical Education, and Library classes. The first Apple Distinguished School in Oregon, SJB incorporates technology on a one-to-one basis starting in Kindergarten!
The caring community composed of dedicated teachers, parents, and students cultivates a climate of respect and kindness. Optimal class sizes permit teachers the opportunity to meet the individual needs of each student. Parents appreciate the way that teachers both encourage and care for their students. They sense the balance between high standards and grace. All students participate in community service opportunities and are challenged to grow both intellectually and spiritually.
What do students have to say about SJB? Recently, a group of Middle School students shared their thoughts on what makes our school special:
"It's a safe, supportive, and caring place."
"Teachers give us extra time and attention."
"Classmates are like brothers and sisters."
"SJB is my second home!"
We invite you to discover for yourself the attributes that make our prestigious learning community so special by scheduling a time for your child(ren) to spend a day at St. John the Baptist.
Please contact us at 503-654-0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, June 28th
Parish Picnic 11:00 am School Courtyard
Town-Hall - June 30th, 6:30 pm. All School Families are invited - Parish Center. Refreshments will be served.
Accepting applications for PreSchool-8th grade Classes. Contact the school office for more information. 503-654-0200
- 2015-2016 Registration Checklist pdf
- 2015-2016 Tuition Contract pdf
- 2015-2016 Pre-School Tuition Contract
- 2015-2016 School Supply List
- Dennis Uniform - Shop for your child's uniform here
- Designing Stitches order form - Where do I get the School Uniform Sweatshirts?
- School Speak (parent login)
- Key calendar dates for 2015-2016 school year pdf
- Apps - view some of the apps teachers are using in the classroom
- Cougar Calendar
- Help Counter - log parent share hours online
- SJB Weekly news - June 5, 2015
- Lunch Menu-JUNE 2015
- MyMealTime.com - manage your child's hot lunch account online
- Prefect Calendar - JUNE 2015
- Scrip Order Form pdf
- Mrs. Butler's Library Page
- SJB's Library Catalog link
- SJB Church website