Discover passionate, dedicated, and caring faculty.
Providing an engaging learning environment for a new generation.
Practicing our faith and sharing it with others.
Celebrating creativity, problem solving, and collaboration.
Discovering life-long connections and lasting friendships.
Committed to encouraging passionate engagement and providing challenging programs, exemplary instruction, and meaningful guidance.
St. John the Baptist Catholic School in downtown Milwaukie, Oregon is pleased to announce that it has been named an Apple Distinguished School for 2013-2015. SJB joins less than 140 schools that Apple is recognizing nationwide as exemplary learning environments and centers of innovation, leadership, and educational excellence. The Apple Distinguished School designation is reserved for schools that have demonstrated Apple's highest vision of a successful 21st century learning environment. The selection of St. John the Baptist Catholic School as an Apple Distinguished School highlights our successes in enhancing and extending teaching and learning with thoughtful and innovative implementations of technology.
Schools nominated by Apple for designation as an Apple Distinguished School must demonstrate Apple's highest vision of a successful 21st century learning environment, a strong relationship with Apple, and a willingness to do outreach activities. The specific manifestations of these qualities include:
• Visionary leadership
• Infrastructure that supports an Apple learning environment
• Engaging teaching and learning methods that capitalize on the qualities of today's students who are mobile, collaborative, and creative
• One-to-one access to Apple portable computers and/or mobile devices for all students, teachers, and administrators
• Ongoing professional development
• Systems to routinely collect quantitative evidence highlighting the success and sustainability of their academic programs.
Thank you to all the faculty, staff, parents, and students of St. John the Baptist. It is because of the tremendous talent we have on staff, the quality and character of our students and parents that St. John the Baptist was able to receive this distinction.
Ted Havens, Principal
Financial Peace University comes to SJB!
This life-changing class taught by Dave Ramsey and the FPU teaching team on video and coordinated by Dennis Stoecklin at St John the Baptist Parish School in Milwaukie, OR will help you achieve your financial goals by showing you how to eliminate debt, save for the future, and give like never before. You will be challenged and motivated to make a plan for your money and change your family tree forever. Check out the link below for more information and to register for the class. You can also attend a class preview at no charge on Tuesday, March 4th, 7 pm, in the School Library. The St. John's Catholic Community Foundation is sponsoring this course with scholarships for the first 10 registrants. Please contact Libbie Allen in the parish office for more information (503.654.5449). Check out the following link: www.daveramsey.com.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - Prospective Parents Night [location: school library]
Apple Distinguished School Award Presentation, January 9th at 7 p.m., cafeteria
OPEN HOUSE, SUNDAY, JANUARY 26, 2014 - 11am to 1 pm
- 2014-2015 Registration Checklist pdf
- 2014-2015 Tuition Contract pdf
- Dennis Uniform - Shop for your child's uniform here
- School Speak (parent login)
- Key calendar dates for 2013-2014 school year pdf
- Apps - view some of the apps teachers are using in the classroom
- Cougar Calendar
- Help Counter - log parent share hours online
- Lunch Menu - March 2014 pdf
- MyMealTime.com - manage your child's hot lunch account online
- Prefecting Calendar - March 2014 pdf
- Scrip Order Form pdf
- Mrs. Butler's Library Page
- SJB's Library Catalog link
- Weekly Newsletter 2/28/14 pdf
- SJB Church website